Thursday, December 15, 2011

The least I can do ...


I'm still slugging through exam studying hours at a time. The planned breaks are often welcome and what motivate me to stay focused until that time comes. This past week those breaks have mostly been for basketball practice or to get some things done off campus (such as my winter tires!). But tomorrow I'm excited about the welcome change to my break time! A few girls from our team have been involved with a project on campus called 'Come Alive', which is a leadership based group that has an end goal of a 3 week service-learning trip to Costa Rica. One of the side project they have been helping out with is Madison House, a home renovation in partnership with Siloam Mission. So tomorrow our traditional team-activity day before parting ways for the holidays is helping with painting inside the house. I have picked up a paint brush or two (or 3 or 4) in the past year so I'm excited to contribute to this project. Not to mention its nice to be able to contribute to the community this time of year :). Until tomorrow ...



"A women learns wisdom through humility, knowledge by forgetting, how to speak by silence, and how to live by dying." JT

Mich (-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment