Monday, December 19, 2011

Restaurant Review: Waterlily



Two nights in a row I have had East Indian cuisine. Last night one of my friends from school invited everyone over for some traditional Indian food that her Mom wanted to make us. Not only was it great food but we had a fun time hanging out, for once, without having to worry about school.
Than this evening my Uncle insisted that we hit up his favorite east Indian restaurant - Waterlily. Seeing as I had been out with JP and Mia for JP's birthday lunch and was still full from both that and last night I was not the most excited to be eating in a restaurant again. But I have been to this restaurant before and remembered enjoying it so I knew it wasn't going to be that bad haha. At the end of the meal I ended up full and pleasantly surprised at all the different dishes that I tried.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone who likes trying new food - the environment is comfortable and it's family run. My favourite part about the place is that if you have no idea what to order you can just tell the waiter (the son's owner of course) and he will do all the choosing for you. You just tell him what you want - hot, spicy, meat, veggie, adventuresome or not, and he never seems to steer us wrong - I don't think I have looked at the menu once while being there. So if you are ever in the St.Vital area or feel like a great East Indian restaurant check out Waterlily!

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating." LP
Mich (-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment